Hi Everyone! Today I was able to finish a drawing that took me about 2 months to finish. It wasn't just because I haven't felt well lately, but because it was kind of complicated to paint it properly, including the small details. It all began when I felt like drawing a library. I love books, so I wanted to express my feelings for them on this illustration. I inspired in some pictures I saw on internet, and thought it would be ok, but, when I started drawing I realized I wasn't kind of ready for sketching such a complicated scenario for the characters :(...
The characters are the easiest's things to put on paper, but what about the scenario?
I decided what kind of colors to use for every character. Then the long way of thinking what to put behind them started. Took me several days because of stress and another issues I had because my anxiety disorder. But I didn't give up.
The books and everything behind the dolls were so complicated I got confused and kind of stuck. I wonder if this happens to every illustrator. I hope not, is tiring :O. Painting the lines for every book was such a headache, really! XD
And here it is! My newest work, after weeks of headache and pain but I think it worthed it :). Of course I learned my lesson: I need to learn how to draw more complicated things, create scenarios and buy better watercolor, hehe. I got some suggestions from several friends about what kind of watercolor and paper to use, and I want to give it a try to better materials. Next works will be less complicated, in order to practice the basics again until I can do it better. I'm thinking about fairies and mermaids for next time. O tanoshimi ni shite kudasai ne! ;)